Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A letter to my son

My Dearest Dearest Moses:

I love you sooooo much. Sooooo much. But tonight you threw up on me for probably the 1000th time. I'm not exaggerating, I don't think any sweet baby has ever thrown up on their mother as much as you have on me in these wonderful past 15 months. You are the cutest little thing ever, but you have been pushing my buttons like crazy ALL DAY, you have gotten sooo much snot all over me, you have sucked on me (I feel like the nursing will never end) and thrown up on me (hot dogs, in case you wanted to know, you threw up hot dogs on me) and I just started my period, ergo: I let you cry yourself to sleep tonight. I never quite had the heart/determination to do it with Valentine- I mean I tried, but after an hour or more of her either hysterically crying and screaming or contentedly talking to herself I realized it just wasn't going to happen. But you are a champ. You cried in your crib for 10 maybe 15 minutes and then you were sleeping, like the lovely big baby you are. See, you actually get tired and want to sleep, and that never happens with Valentine. I'm sorry to do that to you, but it had to be done, cause I didn't have any other options that wouldn't have involved me losing my brain. Thank you for going to sleep by yourself and also for having my most favorite laugh I've ever heard. You are the cutest and I love you so so much Little Man.

Love,
Ma

P.S. Um, if you do throw up on me one more time I might have to...... I don't know what, but something very drastic that's for sure. I love you.



No comments: