Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cured.

A week ago I had a recital. It was wooooonderful. I loved every second of performing. I can't help it, it's in my blood and my soul. I just don't think there's a better way to communicate and express yourself and bring yourself and others to another level spiritually than through music and dance. I remember when I wasn't singing or dancing for awhile whilst at BYU and while having babies; I'd hear opera just at a restaurant or on the radio, or I'd watch a ballet and I would literally get an aching in my heart. A very intense longing and pain that there was this world of beauty, of music and art and everything wonderful and lovely and I wasn't a part of it. I sometimes even cried it hurt so bad. Now that I'm singing, dancing and performing again I feel more whole, and I gotta say- it feels pretty great.

Thanks to Zach, Muriel, Ed, and Claudia for making it possible- I love you all and what you do. :)

No comments: