Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Waiting...... and waiting.......


Well, we are currently playing the waiting game.  Valentine is set to arrive in exactly a week (the 7th) and I have never been so impatient/restless in my life.  I'm already dilated and effacing- apparently I have a "great cervix" to quote my doctor, so hopefully that means my labor won't be too bad..... I'm not really holding my breath.  At least I know my baby won't break my spine and my vampire-husband won't have to bite my baby out of me- gross, but I do heart that book.  But we are excited and cannot wait to meet her and I can't wait to not feel like an ugly boy whale anymore and be able to actually hold my baby.  The thought of me being a mom still kinda freaks me out, but makes me ecstatic at the same time... it's just weird, I still can't really go from the transition of being pregnant to actually having a baby.  Drew's excited too, he talks to my tummy all the time, telling Valentine to please come and to not make her mom uncomfortable, but she's already not really listening to him- this parenting thing is going to be fun I can already tell.  

2 comments:

Jayne said...

MADIE!!! I love you!!! You started a blog! I think every person alive should have one. It's like being a fly on the ceiling in someone else's life. I hope you are not too uncomfortable. There's nothing like holding your baby for the first time. I was thinking about you the other day because I never sent the Rolo Cookies recipe. So sorry. I'll do that right now. Love you!!

Kasi Hansen said...

good job sweetie...this looks cute...we will love seeing all the pictures of valentine i am sure you guys will be taking...we still need to get our computers set up so we can talk and see eachother live though too...have fun at the shower tonight...whisper to valentine to hurry up please....love you...(how come you didn't use the other maternity picture...haha)